Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Country-chic?

This is a slightly new spin on my blog but I've been thinking a lot about where I want my children to grow up and what I want their childhood to be like so I'm changing my design style once again in my life. Am I just following trends? I'm not sure, butI think working at Pottery Barn has changed that a lot and I've also fallen in love with the Anthropologie style of living.

Apparently, this is the house that Taylor Swift bought for herself in LA. It is so far beyond what I thought a celebrity would get in 90210. It has a very country, easy going feeling to it that I've always shied away from because I see it as "old" and old=ugly in my head for some reason. BUT, I love this place! The combination of country-chic is very comfortable and casual and it's something that I think I could embrace if its done right. It has such a great vibe about it that I would love to raise my kids in. I think I would just need like 5 acres to go with it. There are some accents/accessories that I don't like, as in the red Persian rugs and odd old world accessories (which is not a bad thing, I just don't like some of them showcased in this home). But, I think a fresh spin on it with less red and some brighter textiles would be amazing! Please look at the website (I was having issues copying pictures - which I probably shouldn't be doing ;) and tell me, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment